Attending the NGH Convention: 5 Great Tips for Business Growth
Oh I know! I do know how time consuming it can be getting ready for the NGH Convention. You’ve booked your flight and room; you’ve put your business and even your family on hold to attend this event. You’ve dog-eared the pages of the Convention manual, looking over the training that interests you for weeks.
Is this really worth it? I mean after all, you’ve joined all the social media sites to meet people. And there are tons of programs available online to learn from. Why should you go through the hassle and expense of attending this live event.
You bet it is worth it! Because attending the NGH Convention is so much more than networking and learning. You get to be in the company of people just like yourself, who do what you do, and who “get you”. Something a little magical happens when you are in the presence of the leaders of our profession. All of our hard work creates a synergy that lifts us all up together. It’s hard to explain, but it’s just as rewarding and has the same “wow” factor as watching one of your clients during their transformational discoveries. Here are 5 great tips to help you get the most out of attending the NGH Convention.
Ask yourself these questions. Do I have all the clients I can handle? Are all my sessions as successful as they could be? Have I reached my potential income for my demographic area? How do I want to improve my business in the next year? Make a list of the areas you need to improve in your business: marketing, skill building, specialized workshops, creating products, etc.
- Attend a variety of workshops. When choosing which workshops to attend, don’t just attend the easy workshops, and make sure you cover all areas where your business needs improved. It’s fun to take the classes where you shine and are comfortable, it’s better to take the ones where your business needs improvement. Bonus: Take one workshop for personal growth. You are focused on building your business, and I get it, but sometimes it needs to be all about you.
- Create some down time in your schedule each day. I know there are so many classes to take! And you want to cram in as much as you can. You’ve eaten your spinach and taken your vitamins and you are ready for a marathon weekend of learning. Right? Wrong! If you push too hard and stack your workshops too tightly together with no down time you will be burnt out by Sunday morning. I can almost guarantee you won’t make every workshop on your list by the 3rd day! I’ve tried, it just doesn’t happen.
- Make sure you are resting each day and practicing a little mind clearing self-hypnosis will do you good too, after all you ARE a hypnotist. Bonus: Wear COMFORTABLE shoes. There is a direct path between your feet and your learning brain. Pain will block that path and keep you from learning!
- Meet and include new people. It’s great to socialize with old friends each year, and be in the company of the folks who really understand what you go through. This year make a point to have lunch or dinner with someone you have admired or wanted to meet. And include those “new to the business” people by asking them to join you as well. I’ve always been proud to be part of the NGH and some of the friendliest and most helpful people in the world.
- Take plenty and give away business cards. I’ve brought back so many cards previously I wasn’t sure they would fit into my luggage. Make sure you write a little something about the giver on the card when you get it to remind you why you took it. If it’s someone just wanting my newsletter I mark the card with an N. It keeps me from staring blankly at the card the week after Convention trying to recall the givers face and why I have the card. If it’s someone I want to contact I mark with a C and a reminder why.
Oh I almost forgot…there will be plenty of people running around with a 5-PATH® button or logo of some sort. If you don’t know, be sure and ask them what 5-PATH® is all about. They will be happy to share! In October I will be teaching 5PATH® Certification in Orlando. Details are here: http://www.hypnosiscanbeyoursolution.com/hypnosistraining.html
Next time I will share tips on what to do with all the material you bring back and how to organize it so that it’s useful. In the meantime have a great NGH Convention experience! Be sure and head over to my fan page and “like” it.
There are some great new things happening at Balanced Soulutions!
Tina Shafer BCH, CI, CPHI